Crush New York recommends the Best dentist ever
Who: Dr. Laura B. Ruof, DDS
Where: Park56 Dental Group (120 E. 56 Street, Midtown East)
Days available: Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Friday and some Saturdays.
More info: Sugar is my drug of choice, so I have had my fair share of dental work. However, never in my 26 years have I liked (let alone not hated) going to the dentist until I was introduced to Dr. Ruof and Park 56.
Why Park56 RULES:
- They e-mail you to set up/remind you of your appointment. Yay 21st century!
- They remove the red tape. The front office connects with your insurance to see if you’re covered to save you time/frustration.
- They will work with you re: payments. For someone who has a lot of visits to the dentist, that means I get a lot of bills. They were completely flexible and came up with a payment plan that worked.
- They sell Sonicare toothbrushes. You know the cool vibrating ones? Even better, they don’t charge a premium like other dentists.
Why Dr. Ruof RULES:
- She’s a Novocain pro. I got two cavities last week on the bottom (for those who consider candy a food group like me know that numbing the bottom hurts 2x as much as the top). I am high maintenance and getting those cavities was completely painless.
- She plays music while she works. I listened to “Wild One” by Rihanna while getting cavities. Fact.
- She’s the coolest dentist ever. Young, funny and super nice, it’s like getting your teeth fixed by one of your best friends (except it’s not scary!)
- She uses state of the art technology. What non doctor can actually read an X-ray? Dr. Ruof uses a camera so you can see your teeth (kind of gross, but really cool) to give you a better idea of what’s really going on.
- She tries to save you pesos. Most dentists want to drill, drill, drill (because drilling = $). She gives you the option/potential solutions with every tooth in order to help you save.
- You can contact her whenever via e-mail. Okay, you can’t stalk her. I am a hypo (don’t you want to date me?) and had a question for her. She got back to me within the hour and was genuinely helpful.