Is Losing 10 pounds your New Year’s Resolution but are your pesos a bit tight? Not to worry, you can still hit the gym without the expense of a membership. Most gyms offer a free trial/pass or a low-cost temporary membership. Whether you are busy occupying something or going through a period of funemployment, there are a number of places to get you through this holdover period. Another benefit with this is when you do decide to pull the trigger, you will know which place you like best instead of being locked into a yearlong commitment you don’t use (you can make a monthly donation somewhere else)[not sure what that means]. Below is a list of places to check out, however, there are a number of other fitness centers in each neighborhood that offer this as well.
Even if not listed on their site, most people will let you have a free day pass.
- Equinox (The good looking people gym) 3 Day free pass - Equinox Website
- Crunch (The student’s gym) 1 Week free pass - Crunch Website
- NYSC (The gold standard) $30 for 30 days (Not free, but reasonable) - NYSC Website
- 24Hour fitness (For the person with off-hours/insomnia) 1 Week free pass - 24Hour Fitness
- Ballys (For real grown-ups) 1 Week free pass - Ballys Website
- Clay (For the rich) 1 Week free pass - Clay Website
- Health and Racquet (baby Equinox, just as nice but half the price) - 1 Day pass H & R Website
Note: Dear pissed off NYC Gyms, please remember you’re giving these people the gift of health. Further, I hope you hired solid sales people, because when these people decide which gym to attend, hopefully it will be yours.
Cheers to eating desserts and not feeling guilty.
Photo Credit: NY Hotel Blog